Random Thoughts, Friday Edition

1. Did you know there was a "I love poutine" fan page on Facebook? I puffy-heart poutine. As a vegetarian however, I must decline it. More's the pity for me. It is a heart-attack on a plate and tastes divine. As all heart attacks on plates do. Don't know what poutine is? Obviously you've never spent time in or near Quebec. Follow this link to find out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

2. Following along the lines of massive coronaries, I have been eating like a little piggy this week. I know exactly why I've been craving carbs this week... see my post re: crying. I eat my stress. And it ends on Sunday. I'm back to eating whole, homemade foods low in junk and high in goodness. 

3. I'm marching in a parade tomorrow. Rain or shine. Odds are good that I will forget what choreography we have. This will also be televised on local stations, and rumor has it the (or a) French Ambassador will be in attendance. I'm freaking out, like, majorly. 

4. I am looking forward to going to the Farmer's Market tomorrow and stocking up on yummy fresh veggies.

5. I spoke with my mom this evening about VSAC and my upcoming financial situation. Before I was confident about stuff. Now I'm freaking out. For future reference to all those who might want to remind me about the risks and possible problems, please don't!!! I'm aware of them, believe me. But I do not want to focus on the negative. I want to put all my energy into what I need to happen. What will happen. Damn it. I need positivity, people!

6. Pimms and Lemonade... still good. Will you just try it already?

7. Do M*A*S*H re-runs ever get old? I didn't think so.

8. I need to water my plants more than once every month and a half.

9. I've spent way too much time giving someone the benefit of the doubt long after I should have written this person off. That's going to end immediately.

10. I sometimes wish I had a better relationship with food. I will spend the rest of my life monitoring it so I don't balloon back up. It will be a constant struggle. Sometimes I really envy those people who say "if I could live without eating I would" or "I eat to live, not live to eat." Then I remember how fabulous food is and how much I enjoy going to a great restaurant and eating amazing food. Then I realize how much those poor people are missing.

Food is good. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck