Organic vs. Conventional

This was on yahoo today. In a nutshell, it says that organic is not nutritionally healthier for you than non-organic foods.

Well, duh.

I mean, I know of a lot of people believe that organic tastes better, there are more nutrients, etc etc etc. I never really bought into that, mainly because I couldn't see how they could be any different nutritionally. I mean, a pepper is a pepper.

For me, organic is important because of what they add to conventional produce. Pesticides and other -icides left and right, chemicals to make it grow, to change its growth patterns, genetically alter them to do this or that. I don't want to put that stuff in my body. I think, unlike the pepper it's on, they do not do a body good.

Believe me when I say if I could get conventionally grown fruits and vegetables that weren't covered with toxic materials or genetically modified, I would.

After all, a pepper is a pepper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon