Another Round of Randomness

1. Tomorrow I have two friends coming up from NYC. It's going to be so much fun! I have some ideas of what we can do; most will be weather dependent. The weather forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms, which means absolutely nothing. We could get rain. We could get sun. We could get clouds. It's a crapshoot, really. One thing is for certain, fireworks will be involved at some point.

2. I have my "admissions" interview tomorrow afternoon for the massage therapy training school. I put admissions in quotes because I think it's mostly a formality. They just want to make sure I'm not a perv or something. Which is fine. I want to know the same thing! Anyway, if all goes well I'll officially be starting training in September. Which will give me two months to figure out my finances and how I'm going to live on a severely reduced salary.

3. I went to the eye doctor today and she's trying out new contacts on me. I am not liking them so far. They feel like they're drying out on my eyes. Ick. And of course I don't have my glasses with me because the lenses are being updated with my new prescription. Contacts are insanely difficult to fit on me, because my eyeballs are apparently smaller than normal adult female eyeballs are supposed to be. Of course. I liked my old contacts. I wish they weren't discontinuing them.

4. I don't want to do what I am supposed to be doing right now. Obviously. I have been struggling as of late between what is being asked of me and what I am capable of. The two aren't necessarily lining up. I'm figuring it out; slowly. However when slowly isn't supposed to be an option people get their panties in a twist. No matter how frequently I say I am not equipped or trained to handle X, no one seems to listen. Or rather, they hear it but expect me to figure it out anyway. All I can say is if you aren't willing to pay for the service that you want, you have to be willing to live with the service you get. Which they aren't. So, I'm between a rock and a hard place. Such lovely scenery.

5. I haven't been to yoga in weeks. I miss it. I need to start doing it in the morning more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon