Good Day.

Yesterday was my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! I'm 29. Again. ;-)  Seriously, I'm 35. When the heck did that happen?!? Yesterday, apparently. I'm in my mid-30's. Wow. Back when I was a kid I couldn't fathom the idea that when it hit 2000, I'd be 26. That blew my mind. 

Anyway, it was a lovely day. I took it off from work, and I'm glad I did as it turned out to be the first gorgeous day in a while. It was a little cool, but oh, the sun!!! I made some blueberry muffins for breakfast and then did some choreography on a dance I'm doing the first weekend in June. Okay, started choreography. I need to get moving on that.

Then I went out to look for costume pieces for my July show which may no longer be in July due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts. Hate when that happens. Picked up a quick lunch then headed over to Oasis Day Spa for a few wonderfully magic hours of pampering and relaxation. I had a paraffin wax hand treatment, a full-body swedish massage and a body scrub in lavender. My skin has never felt so soft! I can't believe I've never gotten a massage before this. I am officially addicted!

When I got home, I decided to go for a stroll through a local park (Red Rocks). It's a wooded area in the city limits with paths that go all around. It was really beautiful watching the play of sun and shadows on the trees and paths. All the leaves are pretty much out here in Vermont now, and it's perfect. The transition from brown to green happens so quickly that you can almost pull up a chair and watch it unfold.

I ended the evening going to belly dance class, and I admit that it was a treat not having to rush to get there. 

All in all, it was a glorious day and I sincerely wish I could make it last a few days (months? years?) more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck