Today.

Today was another gorgeous spring day in Vermont. Definitely made up for yesterday. Or it would have if it had been Sunday and I wouldn't have been forced to look wistfully out at the gorgeousness from my office window.

But I digress.

This morning started out on a rather low note. It was nothing in particular, just a down day I guess. I was feeling rather sorry for myself regarding a lack of current romantic prospects in conjunction with a few other things.

I mean, I know that in reality nothing lasts forever and I will find someone and my other issues will resolve themselves. It's just that sometimes, when you're neck deep in the mire it's hard to see that there is an end. You just need to schlepp through the crap to get to the good stuff.

Anyway, at lunch I managed to get out and take a walk in the wonderful weather. There is a very nice little wooded path that runs along the river. It was sunny and shaded; the river was babbling; the birds were chirping... it was just what I needed to get back in my head.

Right now, I'm watching How I Met Your Mother, because Barney Stinson rocks. Because sometimes you really need to just get 
out of your own head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck