Another weekend, over too fast.

Weekends always speed by too quickly, and the weeks just meander. Isn't that always the way?

Weekend started Friday night by hanging out with a friend to watch some Sci-Fi channel. Hello, my name is Jade and I am a geek. Anyway. Saturday saw me at yoga class then meeting my friend Marie (hi, Marie!) for lunch, with her sis and step-sis.  

After that I did either a really brave or really stupid thing: I went to Costco's on a rainy Saturday afternoon. I know, right? What was I thinking? Snagged some good food deals there. Then headed on to another two grocery stores. Yes, my usual Saturday tour o' food. I think I'm like the only person on earth who loves to grocery shop.

Today was a low-key day. No longer rainy, but cold. I decided to protest the unseasonably chilly weather by not leaving the house. I made a couple loaves of yummy bread, and some bizarre oatmeal currant cookies that are surprisingly yummy. They have the usual suspects in them: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger. They also have cumin, black pepper and a dash of cayenne. Quite yummy! It almost tastes like I used garam masala in them.

Since today was a low-key day, I watched a couple episodes of Firefly while I cleaned my room this afternoon. Best show that never got a fighting chance. I tells ya. 

Anyway, done now, parked on the couch with my laptop and pleasantly buzzed from the wine I had with dinner (gnocchi. I love gnocchi). Probably will not do much this evening. 

And this has got to be one of my most pointless posts to date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon