What did I learn?
So... what did I learn after my three days of
hellish denial cleansing?
- There are many things I want/desire, but only a few things I actually need to survive.
- I do NOT like Hijiki.
- I had a lot of misconceptions about what and how much my body needs to stay satisfied.
- Caffeine might have actually effected my moods and not just my energy.
- I am lucky to have all the choices I have. Food-wise and in my life generally.
- I think generally speaking, most of my everyday food choices are on the right health path.
I'm sure there is other stuff I learned, but dinner is calling. I am doing an experiment though. After getting through yesterday with no caffeine or caffeine headaches, I started re-thinking my plan to go back to coffee. After all, I'm free of the habit. Maybe I should see what it's like on the other side? So far, I'm liking it. My energy level is pretty constant all day long; I'm not getting the mid-afternoon crash. I'm also beginning to wonder if my caffeine levels had anything to do with my stress levels. I think I am also sleeping better.
Overall, I'm glad I did the cleanse, and I'd do it again. Except maybe with different recipes. I can tell you one thing though, I'm not doing it again any time in the near future!