Well...what do you know...

As those of you who read this blog regularly (all five of you) know, vegetarianism is a struggle for me. Not a daily struggle, but one I wrestle with from time to time. I don't regret going veg by any stretch of the imagination; I don't think I've ever felt healthier. But sometimes it's tough.

This past weekend when I went out for dinner, my date ordered a (rather large) steak. Now, I would never presume to ask anyone I'm having dinner with to refrain from ordering meat. This was a decision I made; I'm not going to force it on anyone else. Order whatever you want. I don't care.

Anyway, as I was watching him eat this steak, it suddenly occurred to me that even if some day I do start eating meat, I would probably never be able to eat steak again. I mean, I found it truly disgusting. The size of it, the skin, the fat, the blood (it was medium rare)... ugh. And a scant four years ago, it would have been something I drooled over.

Vegetarianism, you may make a permanent convert out of me yet...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon