Squeaky Clean

On Saturday, I started the 3-day cleanse/detox/whatever you want to call it. So far, it's going pretty well. I am having some headaches from the lack of caffeine, but they aren't unbearable. It could be worse, I suppose. I have been a little tired as well. But, luckily I had nothing planned this weekend. It will be interesting to see how tomorrow unfolds, as I have to work and have dance class tomorrow evening. 

The article said to be prepared for any emotional stuff that would come up, as detoxes often get rid of every kind of crud in your body; emotional or physical. I haven't had much emotional stuff come up. I don't know... either I'm in denial about all my emotional crud, already dealing it or just exceptionally well adjusted. Pardon me while I fall off my chair laughing at that last statement.

I will say I'm having a tougher time today staying on track. It probably doesn't help that I just finished baking bread. It smells so good! And I have raspberry jam in the fridge just screaming to be put on still-warm-from-the-oven bread... no. I have a ton of cleanse-appropriate food in the fridge. It will be enough to get me through today, tomorrow and part of the rest of the week. Although, I do plan on slowly adding stuff back in on Tuesday. Like, say, bread. I am not the bread addict my mom is (she admits it), but I do enjoy it a great deal. 

The diet I'm following is very simple and basic, and strict vegetation. I've made it a little stricter simply because the diet was already not outside of what I would eat on any given day. Unless I was going for the junk food. Which I have been lately, a lot. Hence the cleanse. Besides, I just didn't like some of their suggestions. No dairy of any kind, no eggs, no grains except for rice. Basically, I'm eating a lot of greens and fruits, with some beans thrown in for protein.

Some things that I've learned/that have come up so far:
  1. Having weaned myself off coffee since Monday, I've determined that I like the luxury and ritual of having it in the mornings. Tea for whatever reason doesn't cut it. Of course, I've been drinking hot lemon water which really doesn't cut it, but I digress. I am definitely adding it back in on Tuesday, but I do think I'm going to cut it down to just one cup.
  2. I don't like a lot of variety in my weekly diet. I'll make a couple things on Sunday and gladly eat off them all week. Then I'll make something completely different the next. Having something different every day for every meal... not liking it. The cleanse is made up that way for variety, but I've chosen not to make everything on the menu, just because it seems like too much.
  3. What I'm eating for a "cleanse" would be considered a grand feast to many others, or to some their every day meal. It is a luxury for me to have my choice of quality (or even non-quality) foods. I'm not wondering where my next meal is coming from. That small bunch of organic kale or broccoli isn't a rare treat for me. That bed I sleep in, this computer I type on, they are all luxuries, and I am a very, very lucky person.
All in all, I do think it's working. I feel much... lighter... than I have in a while. Not that I've necessarily lost any weight. That certainly wasn't my intent with this venture. Maybe I wanted to test my willpower. Maybe I wanted to finally break that crazy hold cheese has on my body. I don't know. But I don't feel weighed down any more. It's a nice feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck