Sllloowwww Sunday

Boy, it was tough to get going this morning. My body just said "No. Nuh-uh, not gonna do it." Still for an entity that didn't want to go, I got quite a bit accomplished today, and this weekend!

I went to yoga yesterday, and when the teacher mentioned she needed volunteers for an upcoming yoga conference, I decided I wanted to participate. So, I am now a volunteer. Those of you who know me know that while I'm willing to give just about anything to friends and family, I'm not big on actually volunteering. I'm really not much of a "joiner." Still, it seems like it will be fun, and I was considering attending anyway, so why not? It will be a good opportunity to meet new people. Something I often struggle with, being an introvert at heart. I'm looking forward to it!

Saturday evening I drove down to Middlebury and had dinner at Fire and Ice, which is a nice, well-known restaurant in the area. It is not haute cuisine by any stretch of the imagination, but it is good, and fun. I would highly recommend it if you are ever in the area.

Today... well. Like I said, it took me a while to get going. It was supposed to be a bread day, but I just didn't feel up to it. Instead I made some burger rolls for the tofu burgers I made for dinner this week. I also made some rajma (curried kidney beans) and rice for lunch this week. It's yummy. Probably not anything like true rajma, but it's yummy and I'll take it! S

ince I've been having homemade toast for breakfast lately and I didn't make bread, I had to do something else. My aunt gave me some amaranth and I decided to cook that up for breakfast. I added some almonds, sugars, vanilla and local golden cherries I froze from the summer. Oh, and cinnamon. It's... different. Not bad necessarily, I guess I'm just not used to the grain's texture, as I've never eaten it before. Still, I'm stuck with it for the week, so I best get used to it!

Early night tonight, I think. I never quite got going. Despite the three mile walk I managed to get in. It was a beautiful day... just too wiped to care, I guess. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon