*Sigh*

I read this article this morning. It makes me sad when I read this stuff, because when they say "cow retirement" they don't mean letting them spend their days in a sunny green pasture. They mean hamburger. Because they extended their reach, thousands of animals we're already exploiting for our own "needs" are going to be rather brutally killed and chopped up for cheap ground beef.

I'm not a political vegetarian by any stretch, but I hate the fact that innocent animals are killed because "we can't turn them off." You put them in that state to begin with, you have a responsibility to them. Yeah, I'm sorry your dairy is losing money, really I am. I'm sorry you are having a tough time economically. But these are living creatures.

This is why I stopped drinking milk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck