Later.

So, the sun came back and warmed things up nicely. Squeee! As I was driving back from an impromptu dance rehearsal this afternoon, I did so with my window rolled all the way down. Lovely!! In fact, I spent the better part of the afternoon with the apartment's windows wide open, every one of them. The place needed a good airing out after being shut up all winter. It was nice to do it. Unfortunately, I know all too well that winter isn't quite through with us yet. It is only March after all. The snow may be gone for now, but it will give us at least one more swift kick in the rear before it leaves for good. Sigh.

So this weekend, as per usual, I cooked. Once again did not feel like making loaf bread. So, yesterday I made some quickie dinner rolls. This recipe has become my go-to recipe for quick, yummy bread without the hassle of 3-hours worth of rising. I also make the Galician Garbanzo bean soup from The Enchanted Broccoli cookbook. Yum!

This morning I tried my hand at making chapati. I must say, they came out really well! Very yummy and they go very well with the butternut squash vindaloo I made for dinner. I think I've mentioned this vindaloo recipe before; this time I altered it slightly by adding some seitan in it, in place of chicken. I let it stew in the broth while the squash and taters were cooking. Mmmmmmmm. This is SO good!!! I think this may go into heavy rotation.

Knee-deep in a Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family right now. They're playing Goblet of Fire, which has the pre-Twilight Edward Cullen actor in it. I think all he can do is look around with a smirk on his face. Ah well. All Keanu Reeves can do is say "woah" and look where it got him.

Anyway....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck