My body, she hurts.

Performance Friday night. Yoga and a vigorous walk yesterday (okay, and some semi-drunk walking last night but that doesn't count). Today, choreographing the final 1.3 minutes of a dance I couldn't remember the first 2 minutes to. 

Oy. My body, she aches.

My hamstrings hurt, my back hurts, my arms hurt, my abs hurt. Muscles I didn't know I had hurt. 

Two and a half grueling hours of trying to make sense of choreography notes and battling an overwhelming desire to nap instead of dance. This last minute was a toughie. I've doing my best not to repeat moves, but let's face it, I'm a novice. I've only got five to begin with, and this is a 3 minute piece! It's all good though. The dance is finally finished, and I think it looks pretty good. It damn well better, at any rate. I don't know if I have the wherewithall to change anything at this point. 

I have a performance Wednesday night, but thankfully I'll not be doing any solo work. My one dance is strictly a group dance. After that will be the big "Myths and Legends" performance I worked so hard for today. 

I am, in the words of my British friends, knackered. Tonight's an early night for me, I think. I'm going to curl up some place warm and soft with a cup of tea, possibly a book, and the remote.

*sigh*

That almost sounds too good to be true right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon