Realization.

The fruit and veggie fast I mentioned in the last post? Well, it only lasted a day, not two. I was hoping to make it the full two days, but I just realized that wasn't going to happen. I, apparently, am a volume eater. Okay, so I've always kinda known it. I can pack it away like nobody's business. The problem I'm running into is that I've essentially eaten a week's worth of fruit and vegetables. I can't afford to go to the store again to buy more! So, I'm breaking the fast out of economic consideration.
Still, I'm glad I did it, even for just one day. I felt really good doing it, and it did break my "stuff your face" mentality I was developing. I'd definitely try it again, although possibly with a bit more planning next time around.  

I'm currently making a big pot of chili for lunch this week. I've got a thing of seitan I'd like to use as well for dinner this week, but I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet. It will probably have frozen spinach and broccoli involved, mainly because that's about all I have left!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon