Jeez.

You'd think it was winter with all this snow coming down. More snow this evening. We were only supposed to get 3 inches max around my neck of the woods, but after snowing for only an hour, we'd already gotten that far. So. Snow tonight. Snow Sunday. Snow snow snow snow snow. Snowdiddy snow. Have I mentioned that I'm not a big fan of the white stuff?










As I was driving home from work this evening, I was listening to an orchestrated version of "We Three Kings of Orient Are" and watching the big, flat fluffy flakes glitter in my headlights, I finally got an inkling of Christmas spirit. No, not christmas spirit. Nothing that specific. Maybe Winter Spirit? Year end spirit? Some elusive spirit that has nothing to do with Christmas... something more basic and elemental than that. The song itself is a rather dark song, and it seems to fit the season in reality far better than anything with rudolph or jingle jingle. This is the darkest time of the year, meant for introspection and holing up in a warm place. All the busy-busy gets to me sometimes. 

But tonight, I felt the spirit of the season, whatever you choose to call it.

Comments

Eclectic_VT said…
we had 7-8"
I hate it.
I was terrified to drive.
My knight in shining armor rescued me, and we braved the drifts together in a big red 4wheel drive truck..*L*
18" more on Sunday! WhoooofreakingHOO!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon