Christmas Eve Eve

Yesterday was the first day of winter. So of course it's currently 40 degrees and all the snow is melting. White Christmas? Snort, yeah sure. Let's say muddy brown christmas and be done with it.
I'm happy to say I'm 3/4 done with my gifts. I'll finish one today, one tomorrow and hopefully my last tomorrow, although it's a scarf that's only like 2 inches long right now. I'm may be making a quickie pit-stop tomorrow on my way to my mum's to pick something up. We'll see. I'll probably be knitting it right up until the recipient walks through the door at my mum's on Christmas day. Well, at least it'll give me something to do. This is the scarf, in a simple seed stitch:










It's made from yarn leftover from the baby sweater I made earlier this year for one of my friend's new son:










It came out surprisingly well, considering it was the third thing I ever knit. Ever. I had a seasoned pro (ie, buddy Alex. Hi Alex!) walking me through it. She taught me a lot. Unfortunately most of it is gone now, so when I ever get up the gumption to knit something other than hats and scarves again I'm going to drive her nuts with questions. Consider this fair warning Alex!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon