Yep, it's November

This morning I went up to my friend Angie's house. My friend Angie and her husband are nice enough to store my tires and even change them for me. Today was day we changed my regular tires to snow tires.  Because, despite what "they" say, all-seasons really mean "all seasons that don't involve three feet of snow and ice on the ground."

Vermont had snow yesterday. Well, some of Vermont had snow yesterday. This is my friend Angie's back yard:
















This is my back yard:
















Angie lives on a mountain. I do not. As pretty as snow is, it's cold and makes your feet wet. When it gets to be this time of the year, you're more likely to find me cuddled up under a blanket on the couch than outside. I'm not particularly fond of snow. Which is not good when you live in the state I do.

Her snow will be most likely gone by Thanksgiving. The sun still has enough strength to melt it fairly quickly. Well, when it's out, anyway. It's pretty rare that we have any significant snow before the new year. That whole "white Christmas" thing is totally bogus. Can't remember when we've ever had more than a dusting. 

Comments

I would take Angie's backyard over mine any day! There is no snow, just piles and piles of crunchy orange leaves, scratched into furrows by hungry chickens. Framed in by old mossy stone walls (typical of Connecticut countryside), the yard's redeeming feature are several hundred-year old maples. One of which decidedly dropped a huge -- I mean HUGE -- limb during the "big storm" a few weeks ago. I love my landlord, but it's still sitting there. The chickens now roost on it, stretching their necks at 7 am with a guttural "cock-a-doodle doo!" Sometimes they perch there for hours seemingly waiting for my dog to descend the porch steps so they can chase her around the yard, sans snow. (Commented by JB at work -- and proud of sticking it to the man>)

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon