Winter Wonderland...or something...

So, this was what I woke up to this morning:











We had a dusting of snow this morning. What you can't hear (or can you?) is the discreet taptaptap that indicates sleet. Lovely morning, eh? Little did I know that the interstate had twice as much snow as my backyard, but hadn't really been plowed. Okay, so maybe once. At 5am. By the time I got there, it was an icy, snowy, slippery mess. I have a whopper of a hill to get down before my exit. Everyone was creeping down it at 25 mph. I think the fact that two cars off the top of the road at the top of the hill slowed them down a bit. Apparently there were even more cars off the road on route 2, the route that runs along side the interstate. 

I've gotta give Vermont drivers props though - when it's bad outside they'll actually slow down. They have no qualms about going 25 without their flashers on when the speed limit is 65. Everyone else is doing the same thing. They know better to slam on their brakes, take fast turns and cutting people off. Sometimes, anyway. They knew better this morning, at any rate. 

Well, anyway. Work was work and when I got home I took a friend to pick up her car at the mechanics, tried on a fancy dress for no reason, came home and made hummus for Thursday's veggie platter and stuffing for the bird...keeping some out for me, of course! I'll dowse mine with some mushroom broth and stick it in the oven for 20 minutes once the bird vacates the oven. 

Tomorrow I need to buy veggies for munchies and some wine. I also need to clean. Yeah, we'll see if that happens. It usually doesn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon