Potato Parmigiana, After a Fashion

So, on the drive home, I was trying to figure out what I was going to make for dinner. I wanted pizza, which would have been bad because you wouldn't believe how much pizza I can put away. So intead, I came up with this dish.

4 potatoes, washed and chopped
1/2 an onion, chopped
1/2 bag frozen green beans
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp italian seasoning
sprinkling of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup italian-seasoned bread crumbs (or grated parmesean cheese if you'd rather)
1/2 jar pasta sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Drizzle 1 Tbsp of the olive oil on the bottom of a 7x9 inch pan. Dump in the potatoes, onion and green beans. drizzle with the rest of the olive oil, and put the italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper over the veggies. mix lightly with your hands to make sure everything's coated. Pour the pasta sauce over the veggies and top everything with a coating of bread crumbs. Cover and bake for about an hour, or until the potatoes are done.

Personally, I got sick of waiting after 45 minutes and nuked my serving to finish off the taters. Yeah, I'm a bad girl. Anyway, it's yummy and took care of the pizza craving. Vegan if you use the breadcrumbs. Would be fantabulous with some red wine. Wish I'd had some, actually.

Anyway. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck