Adventures in Goop


I love hummus. I eat a lot of it. I love it on toast, bagels, veggies, crackers, pretzels, straight out of the packaging...you name it, it's yummy. I've always just bought it out of laziness, sometimes the smaller packages, sometimes the larger "party sized" containers.

This past summer, however, I had my first taste of homemade hummus. Some guys down at the Burlington Farmer's Market were selling, fresh, homemade, organic hummus in a variety of flavors. It wasn't cheap ($5.00 for 8oz), but MAN was it worth the money. It pretty much ruined me for all other hummus.

It's taken me a while to get around to it, but I finally made my own hummus this afternoon. Still needs to chill a bit and I think I bought the wrong kind of tahini, but boy is it yummy! It made tons, and the intial investment of the tahini is going to really pay off - it's going to be way cheaper making it myself. Especially if I take the plunge and start cooking my own garbanzo beans instead of buying canned. I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon